Spring is coming soon and you might want to get you coastal boat into the water soon. How to prepare to your coastal rowing season? To prepare your coastal rowing equipment for the new season, you can follow these steps:
- Clean the equipment: Wash the boat, oars, and any other equipment with soap and water to remove any dirt and grime from the previous season. Start to use a water hose and spray your boat sufficiently. After rinsing the boat with water, use put soap or a soft boat cleaner on a soft sponge to clean of dirt or dust. Use a lot of water and rinse the boat sufficiently.
- Check for damage: Inspect the boat and oars for any cracks, cracks, or other damage that may have occurred over the winter months. Walk around the boat 2-3 times and try to find spots or areas you might want to repair. Repair any damages if necessary.
- Inspect oarlocks and rigging equipment for rust or dirt. Clean off the rust and replace rusty nuts and bolts. Check your rigger if still in order and fasten oarlocks tide.
- Check footstretcher and velcro strips or active tools shoes. Replace screws when dirty or rusty.
- Clean and lubricate moving parts: Apply a thin layer of oil or silicone lubricant to any moving parts, such as oar locks and hinges, to keep them moving smoothly.
- Store equipment properly: Store the equipment in a dry, well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight and heat, to prevent any warping or damage. Best would be a boat cover as we offer in our shop
- Test equipment: Before using the equipment, make sure it is working properly by doing a test run. Check for any leaks in the boat, and make sure the oars fit properly in the oarlocks.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your coastal rowing equipment is ready for the new season and will provide you with a safe and enjoyable rowing experience.
How to prepare your coastal rowing season?
Yes, also your personal belongings need to be checked:
- Safety Equipment Check: check your safety equipment such as PFD / life jacket and emergency whistle and replace if necessary. You might not need it a lot, but it is a abolute must to have it on board. Replace it if you have doubts. Available for 25€ in our shop.
- Also this: Protective Equipment Review: check your Personal Protective Equipment such as sunglasses, sunscreen, neoprene clothing and water shoes.
It is important to perform regular checks and maintenance to ensure equipment is in good working order and that you can row safely and efficiently during the Coastal Rowing season.